Telemental Health: A New Force in Behavioral Healthcare?
A group of about 450 primary care physicians and specialists in Nebraska recently started using live audio and video via the Internet to consult with patients.In this setup, patients meet with specialists online in their local doctor's office, saving them from having to travel long distances to confer with a specialist.
Improving Internal Communication and Collaboration
Thanks to technology, many of us connect constantly with others via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, instant messaging programs, and other such applications. People now expect the same convenient, instant communication tools in their business lives.
Managing a Behavioral Healthcare Practice with Multiple Locations
Healthcare practices that operate more than one site can usually offer patients more convenient locations and a broader array of programs and practitioners. Your bottom line can also improve through economies of scale and better visibility within a community.
Is Outsourcing Your Billing Right For You?
Years ago, a doctor's offices could be self-contained and efficient. The physician had plenty of time to treat patients, while his efficient nurse/secretary tracked medical records, set appointments, and processed bills and payments. But today's complex healthcare system has made that memory a distant one. Doctors are increasingly pressed for time amid federal mandates for EHR and meaningful-use compliance, complex diagnosis and billing codes, and bewildering payment and reimbursement models.
Struggling to manage claims processing and patient billing? Confused by intricate mental health, Workers Comp, or substance abuse billing requirements? Thinking about outsourcing the entire mess?
ClinicTracker’s Billing Service for mental health and substance abuse agencies could be the answer to your billing woes. We can save you time, money, and all the hassle involved in submitting claims and chasing reimbursement. Choose our service so you can make this chronic administrative headache fade away. We have the expertise and software to make it happen – and smoothly.
How Does Our Comprehensive Medical Billing Service Work?
- First, we conduct an exhaustive review of your current system with an eye toward developing a fully accountable and effective billing process going forward. One of our billing experts will work with you to configure our software so that, at every turn, it submits claims insurance companies are likely to accept.
- Next, we develop a strategy for handling claim rejections so that they are remedied as quickly as possible (we're talented at identifying errors and rectifying them.
- From that point on, we assume the responsibility for your revenue cycle management tasks, including patient account billing and claim submissions, handling denials, managing claim tracking, and ensuring billing compliance. Our sophisticated on-demand reporting features keep you informed every step of the way.
We’ll help you transition from paper to electronic claims or take over your current electronic claims processes. Our Billing Service will:
- Integrate your clinical and billing workflows – no double entry, no inefficiencies
- Create and submit claims
- Work rejections and resubmit claims
- Handle waterfall billings and process patient statements
- Send bad debt to collections
Achieve Greater Billing Success
Hear what one of our clients had to say about us:
I just wanted to reach out to say thank you for all your sustained efforts with the billing. I found out on Friday that we are getting a huge payment this week for a regular weekly electronic batch from Fidelis and claims are also approved for the following week. So it looks like we are up and running with our main payer for weekly claims!
This is a huge moment for us since it represents financial stability and sustainability. We couldn’t have done it without all of your efforts and support, through a particularly challenging time for our agency. Thanks for keeping at it and enduring a very drawn-out and stressful process as we got everything in order despite unforeseen roadblocks we ran into as a new clinic. I look forward to continuing our work together.
- Ian L. of VCS Mental Health Clinic
Here are just some of the reasons why you should select ClinicTracker’s Billing Service:
- We know the ins and outs of billing for mental health and substance abuse services. (General medical billing services usually don’t have the expertise.)
- Enjoy the benefits of one-stop shopping and technical support for your EHR and billing services.
- Need the capacity for institutional billing (UB-04 or 837I)? No problem.
- Want us to handle provider credentialing? Not an issue with our service partner, TriZetto Provider Solutions.
- Access real-time billing reports right from your ClinicTracker/BillingTracker desktop.
- Reduce overhead costs, track claims efficiently, and know that you’re working with a system designed for fast and accurate revenue management.
- Budget friendly and affordable (with individualized pricing.)
- Our dedicated billing team will help you find success every step of the way!
Is Meaningful Use for Behavioral Healthcare Ending or is it Evolving After 2016?
Physicians have freely expressed frustration over the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Meaningful Use program.“Doctors want to spend their time with patients, not measuring the number of clicks,” American Medical Association (AMA) President Steven J. Stack, MD, said late last year in a statement.
Wanted: A Perfect Patient Portal
Thanks to web-based patient portals, we all have far more access to our medical providers and health records than ever before.ClinicTracker EHR Patient PortalThese secure online websites allow 24-hour access to personal health information. They also allow us to communicate with healthcare providers, track appointments, and verify/manage records the same way we track our online purchases or social media accounts.
Protecting Health Information from Hackers
Hackers gained access in February 2015 to as many as 80 million customers of the nation's second-largest health insurance company, Anthem Inc. ClinicTracker improves data security The information they stole included names, birthdays, medical IDs, Social Security numbers, employment information, and street/email addresses, company officials told media outlets.
School-Based Treatment - Billing Complexities
Many students come to school these days with more than just their books and backpacks. They also carry the burdens of stress from family disruption, poverty, and mental illness. In fact, about one in five school-aged children meet the criteria for a psychiatric diagnosis, and about half of them begin experiencing symptoms by age 14.
Why Most Providers Don't Like EHRs
Can't remember all the ingredients for those chocolate chip cookies? Google the recipe on your smartphone. Looking for a cab? There’s an app for that. Want to keep track of all your contacts? No problem. We’ve all become adept at increasing our productivity by computerizing just about everything.