Along with Form Builder and Report Builder, the Compliance Builder is designed to help you customize ClinicTracker. Imagine being able to tell the software exactly what should happen when someone calls for an intake, or has been a patient in the clinic for 90 days, or has been admitted to one of your subspecialty programs, or is about to be discharged. With Compliance Builder, you can implement and track routines for everything that transpires during the course of a patient’s treatment.
Nobody has to guess what paperwork is due, which forms they should complete, or who is responsible for documenting clinical events. You write all the rules into ClinicTracker using the Compliance Builder and the system orchestrates the rest. Supervisors or QA/UR staff can always monitor the extent to which staff are in compliance with the requirements you’ve established.
Compliance Builder: How does it work?
Let's say that you want the system to implement these four rules:
- Alert the clinician assigned to the case that an initial treatment plan is due 30 days after the switch from intake to patient (and send a reminder in case it’s not completed 5 days before the due date)
- Advise the intake clinician to complete an admission summary within 14 days of the switch from intake to patient (and that an additional reminder should go out 2 days prior)
- Notify any member of the front-desk staff that the billing sheet (a form you created using Form Builder) is due within 2 days
- Direct your billing staff to call the insurance company to obtain an authorization
Those four rules, along with the Trigger Event (in this case marking the intake as a patient), comprise a Ruleset that establishes a workflow for what happens when a patient is admitted. You would work toward establishing a series of Rulesets based on other Trigger Events that might arise. Maybe the next Ruleset to create would address what should unfold if a patient is injured at your office, or if a patient is discharged. Compliance Builder helps you encode workflows for every essential function of your agency.
Once you’ve instructed ClinicTracker what rules to follow when it detects a Trigger Event, the system stands ready to implement the workflow. It issues Compliance Items for the staff to complete. In our example, it will send the notifications at different “warning intervals" to the provider, the intake clinician, the front-desk staff, and the billing department. It becomes the responsibility of these recipients to complete those Compliance Items on time.
Kno2 Provides Path to Interoperability for ClinicTracker Behavioral Health Clients
Kno2®, the company that provides Interoperability as a Service™ (IaaS) to everyone in healthcare and ClinicTracker, a mental health and substance abuse electronic health record (EHR), today announced a partnership agreement. Kno2's IaaS provides an immediate path to interoperability, enabling the electronic exchange of patient information between ClinicTracker's behavioral health agencies and other healthcare providers throughout the continuum.
How Much Is Your Mental Health Agency Leaking Money?
If you live in a part of the world that experiences cold weather, it’s time to winterize your home. Close all the windows tightly, wrap pipes with insulation, add weather-stripping or caulk to doors. As our frugal elders would say, “There’s no sense spending good money to heat the outdoors.”
A similar concern applies to behavioral healthcare agencies; if you work hard to run an effective and efficient practice, you don’t want to lose profits by leaking money. The complex billing requirements of mental health and substance abuse agencies create many opportunities for even the best-intentioned practices to spring leaks that cost you productivity and profits.
Telehealth has become a major force in behavioral healthcare. But few EHRs are equipped to handle the special challenges of scheduling appointments across time zones, integrating videoconferencing functionality, and meeting verification requirements.
Our EHR has a built-in telehealth service for mental health and substance abuse agencies. It gives you a ready-made method for interacting with your patients remotely using an internet-connected desktop, laptop, or other mobile device equipped with a webcam. We make it simple to set up telepsychiatry/telemedicine appointments, conduct sessions, access recordings, and keep records — all using the standard
ClinicTracker interface you’ve come to know so well.
Plenty of Scheduling Options
- Schedule across time zones based on both clinician and patient locations
- Configure services, locations, and event types to generate telehealth visits automatically
- Schedule telehealth visits using the same scheduling system staff already uses for other types of appointments
- Allow patients to view and access scheduled sessions from within the Patient Portal
Keep Patient Records Current
- Automatically stores all video/audio recordings within the cloud, not on your computer
- Access all recordings within the patient’s ClinicTracker record
See More Patients
- Expand your market by offering telehealth services
- The telehealth platform accommodates single and group sessions
- Telehealth appointments are HIPAA compliant
- Conduct unlimited telehealth sessions with each channel you configure
Performance Measurement Reports
Welcome to Performance Measurement Reports – an exciting new practice management tool from ClinicTracker. We designed it as an effortless way for administrators to keep close tabs on their operations. You tell ClinicTracker what metrics you want to follow, and the system automatically emails you a complete report on whatever schedule you select. It’s a built-in warning system that keeps an eye on your business at all times—and you don’t have to lift a finger.
- Receive automated emails that report on whether the metrics you selected have fallen outside your acceptable range
- Choose which days of the week you'd like the software to email reports
- View, sort, and graph data within ClinicTracker
- Print or export charts in standard formats
Benefits of Performance Measurement Reports
Drive Business Performance
- Keep an eye on the flow of intakes, admissions, and discharges
- Track the number of active intakes and patient sessions per day
- Monitor kept vs. missed appointments
Keep Operations Healthy
- Oversee your agency’s status even when you’re busy managing other responsibilities
- Be proactive, not reactive, in making critical business decisions
Improve Financial Control
- Monitor the number of unbilled appointments
- Keep patient and insurer credit balances in check
- Make sure your staff is paying attention to applied payments and adjustments from patients/insurers
- Keep up with compliance workflow items, such as unsigned or missing progress notes
- Always be prepared for regulatory inspections
We developed the Community Training Series as another way of helping our users learn about ClinicTracker and gain regular access to our team of support experts. Over the years we’ve covered many topics, from those that address the basics to others that consider more advanced topics.
Here we present all the webinars we’ve recorded. They are organized by topic. To watch one, hover your cursor over the webinar you want to view and click "Watch Now."
If you have suggestions for topics we should cover in future webinars, click here to tell us about them.
5 Ways To Streamline Your Behavioral Health Billing
If time is money, you must make every process related to managing revenue as efficient as possible, from the moment you set appointments until payments arrive. Effective revenue management means you get paid as much and as quickly as possible. Because mental health and substance abuse agencies face unusually complex billing and reporting requirements, streamlining operations is especially important.
ClinicTracker Launches Bundle for Small Mental Health and Substance Abuse Agencies
ClinicTracker introduces a Small Practice Bundle that fully addresses the needs small practices have for an EHR and Practice Management system. By including expert Billing Services, it even solves the thorny problem of managing the revenue stream. Providers can focus on patient care instead of handling insurance claim rejections and other billing headaches.
ClinicTracker EHR Partners with Change Healthcare to Seamlessly Integrate Lab and Ancillary Services
ClinicTracker, a mental health and substance abuse EHR, has collaborated with Change Healthcare, one of the largest, independent healthcare technology companies in the United States. The ClinicTracker lab integration allows agencies open access to more than 600 labs across the country. It will facilitate smoother interactions between providers and labs when processing lab orders, viewing automated results, and creating reports within ClinicTracker.
Effects of Coordinated Care on Mental Health EHRs
The promises of coordinated care are simple: better quality of care, improved patient outcomes and cost savings. In the words of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), coordinated care “involves deliberately organizing patient care activities and sharing information among all of the participants concerned with a patient’s care to achieve safer and more effective care.”