Many of your clients have come to expect online access to their medical records, scheduled appointments, and financial information. That’s how the patient-practice relationship has evolved in recent years (with ample encouragement from the government via HIPAA and the Meaningful Use program).
ClinicTracker's Patient Portal is designed to make it easy for your clients to interact with you and your agency securely over the web. When clients log into their portal, they have 24/7 access to information they can use to facilitate their treatment. They will also feel more connected with your agency. While improving patient engagement, you are simultaneously reducing routine phone calls, lowering your no-show rate, and improving your collections.
All aspects of the Patient Portal integrate seamlessly into our EHR. Through the portal, patients can:
- Register as a new patient and complete a registration packet your agency defines
- Access significant parts of their medical chart, including appointment history, medication lists, allergy information, and lab results
- Schedule an appointment
- View, confirm, or cancel upcoming appointments
- Attend telehealth appointments
- Complete forms your staff requests
- See the balance due, including insurance and patient responsibility
- Pay their bills online with a credit card (and print/email a receipt)
- Send messages to members of their treatment team or support staff
- Take advantage of educational resources clinicians can post
- Generate a portable medical record to view, download, or distribute
New Patient Registration
A Patient Portal embedded in an agency’s home page presents a rich opportunity to market clinical services and engage potential clients efficiently. By enabling them to register demographic information and schedule their first appointment online, you’ve made it simple for patients to connect with your services at any time. Patients who have stigmas about disclosing their health condition verbally or handwritten to your staff will benefit from the added privacy of the Patient Portal. You’ve also made it easier to enter required information in a way that’s guaranteed to provide legible data that flows directly into ClinicTracker EHR. Before the client arrives for that first appointment, you’ve got everything necessary to proceed with the intake – even insurance eligibility verification.
Because patients can see available openings in real time, they can make choices based on location, clinician, service, date, and time. Scheduling across time zones is possible too. Once the patient selects their preferred slot, the system automatically sends notifications to the clinician and appropriate members of your scheduling team. The patient will also receive an email confirmation. Patients can confirm or cancel upcoming appointments, search for new appointment availability, and choose to receive appointment reminders by phone or text message. Online scheduling allows patients to feel connected to your office, while eliminating unnecessary phone calls with your staff.
Clients can complete forms, tests, rating scales, and surveys whenever your staff requests. You simply send the patient a notification using the Secure Messaging system. When patients log into the portal, they will see a list of forms to complete, along with your notes and instructions. Clicking a link brings them to the form which they can then complete, revise, save, and submit (even with a digital signature). The information they provide goes directly into their patient record in ClinicTracker. The system also notifies the appropriate staff members when the data arrive.
What’s unique about ClinicTracker’s Patient Portal is that it can transmit forms that you can build using our powerful Form Builder utility. That means you devise just about any form you want for clients to complete via the web. Staff and administrators love that they can create a whole new world of possibilities for data gathering, tracking, and patient engagement – all seamlessly integrated into the ClinicTracker platform.
Online Bill Pay
ClinicTracker's built-in credit card processing significantly streamlines payment collections. Online Bill Pay takes it one step farther by allowing patients to pay their invoices online without any staff intervention. Clients appreciate this feature because it's private, convenient, and easy to follow. Here's how it works:
- Log into the Patient Portal and click the My Account link
- Review account status (including aging and insurer balances)
- Press the Pay My Bill Online button
- Choose which invoices to pay, either in full or in part
- Enter credit card information and press the Submit button
The system will send an email receipt to the client (or authorized representative) and notify designated office staff. The payment is recorded immediately in both the Patient Portal (where the patient can view it or generate a receipt) as well as within BillingTracker. The process is completely automated.
Boost client engagement with modern client-office communication. Your patients can send and receive HIPAA-secure messages while interacting with their treatment team. When a new message arrives, the patient will be notified by email that it’s available on their portal account. For the staff’s convenience, messages from both patients and colleagues are organized in the Unified Messaging System within ClinicTracker. Composing a message to a patient is simple, with no email addresses to remember or complex security procedures involved. The system will also let you coordinate communications with the patient’s authorized representative.
The Patient Portal also will improve your agency's branding. Clients will appreciate your dedication to making their lives easier and empowering them to take a degree of stewardship over their treatment experience. You can even style the portal with your own logo, color scheme, and contact information. It's a tangible way of upgrading your approach to client engagement.
Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
You can extend ClinicTracker's ePrescribing module with a feature called EPCS (Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances) Gold. With EPCS Gold (powered by DrFirst), you can seamlessly send controlled substance prescriptions to retail or mail order pharmacies within the same workflow you use to prescribe legend drugs. It makes prescribing more efficient, advances patient medication adherence, and increases convenience for your patients. After an initial credentialing and identity-proofing process (mandated by the DEA), prescribers can begin ePrescribing Schedule II-V drugs. To avoid any confusion and eliminate guesswork by providers, EPCS Gold automatically detects which substances can be sent electronically.
High Caliber Security
- EPCS Gold is the first and foremost Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)- and Surescripts-certified solution for e-prescribing
- Legal since 2010 at the Federal level, controlled substance e-prescribing is also approved in 49 U.S. States and the District of Columbia, and more than 40% of pharmacies nationwide accept controlled substance e-prescriptions (Read More).
- DEA mandated Two-Factor Authentication Protocol for all provider registrations (key-chain or soft-token)
- Provider authentication through third-party identity proofing process
- Prevent prescription drug abuse
- Avoid patients who are doctor shopping
- Reduce fraud and abuse - no paper prescription pads to be stolen, altered, or forged
- Be audit-ready with management reports
- EPCS Signing Module lets you sign and submit Controlled Substance prescriptions electronically
- Displays DEA-mandated content
- Generates a digital signature for the prescription at the application level
- Transmits prescriptions in SCRIPT 8.1E format
- Receives and forwards prescription transmission responses, including status and error
- Logs all application activity for audit purposes
ClinicTracker Connect partners with DrFirst to deliver a fully integrated ePrescribing system for behavioral healthcare providers. This SureScripts certified solution offers a sophisticated digital platform for writing and tracking prescriptions for legend and schedule II-V drugs. With 49 states and the District of Columbia accepting ePrescriptions for controlled substances, our prescribers can take advantage of this faster and more secure approach to managing prescriptions electronically.
Increase Patient Safety
- Reduced potential for adverse drug events caused by drug-drug/drug-allergy interactions
- Eliminate errors due to poor or misread handwriting
- Faster, more efficient patient notification in the event of an FDA safety alert
- Online availability anytime, anywhere
- Real-time patient medication lists pulled from three Pharmacy Benefit Management Systems
- Faster, one-click, multi-script prescription renewal process (case studies suggest a savings of 1-2 hours/day for office staff)
- Fewer pharmacy call backs
- Less time spent with pharmacy questions and renewal requests
- Fully-integrated solution means that medications entered in ClinicTracker are available for interaction checking
- Prescriptions written in DrFirst are available for import into ClinicTracker Progress Notes
- With EPCS Gold (powered by DrFirst), you can seamlessly send controlled substance prescriptions to retail or mail order pharmacies within the same workflow you use to prescribe legend drugs
- Eliminates calls from patients requesting alternative covered medication, mail order submission, or prior authorizations
Improve Patient Experience
- Lower out-of-pocket costs because providers can identify medications with lower co-payments (an average savings of $20-25 per prescription)
- Less time spent waiting at the pharmacy since prescriptions are sent ahead
- Reduced potential for adverse drug events caused by drug-drug/drug-allergy interactions, mistaken handwriting, or incorrect quantity
- Increased treatment compliance because of more cost-effective and convenient care
White Coat of Quality Award from SureScripts
JAG Products has been awarded the White Coat of Quality award for 2012 and 2013 for our implementation of the DrFirst system within ClinicTracker Connect. The White Coat of Quality Award is SureScript’s highest recognition for software providers that uphold strict standards for clinical quality and best practices in ePrescribing.
ePrescribing is one of the key elements of the Meaningful Use program and will help you to meet six of the criteria. For more information about Meaningful Use and ClinicTracker's Stage 2 certification, click here.
New York Prescribers
New York State has initiated a program called Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP). DrFirst offers educational webinars on this program, the enrollment process, and how to ePrescribe controlled substances.
Insurance Eligibility Verification
Authenticating insurance coverage and checking eligibility are routine but tedious elements of your billing workflow. Insurance eligibility verification is easy with ClinicTracker because it automates the entire process. The process is fully integrated with the ClinicTracker Intake form, that way your staff can instantly confirm the validity of a patient's insurance.
With this user-friendly service, you have various options for checking eligibility requests:
- A totally automated system process will verify eligibility for all appointments scheduled within a designated time span. It will process the entire batch overnight so you can review the results when you come in the next morning
- Enter a date range and the service types you want to verify. You'll get instant responses for all patients who match those criteria
- Select an individual patient to verify eligibility
- The system saves all prior results; that means you can look up information about a patient's plan, coverage, deductibles, and more.
Insurance Eligibility Verification increases office staff productivity by:
- Minimizing lengthy calls to insurance providers
- Addressing insurance questions prior to appointments
- Exploring alternative payment methods for uninsured patients before they incur charges
- Simplifying insurance verification for walk-in patients or last minute appointments
The ClinicTracker Connect Insurance Eligibility Service eliminates the hassle of calling insurance companies for verification. This solution ensures faster payments, reduces wasted staff time, and guarantees that your patients will have a better experience with your office. For a small per transaction fee, this innovative service is affordable for any-sized agency.
You rarely have time to sift through pages of reports to understand how your organization is performing. With ClinicTracker's Executive Dashboard, you have at-a-glance views of your entire operation. Tell the system which performance metrics you want to follow and the system will provide continuously updated graphs for each one. Want instant views of your accounts receivable over the course of the past eight weeks not including weekends? No problem. Need to export those graphs so you can present them to a board meeting? Just click a button.
The system comes with these pre-defined metrics. Plus, we can even add custom metrics for you upon request:
- Billing Generated
- Payments Received (All)
- Payments Received (Insurance)
- Payments Received (Patient)
- Kept Appointments
- Kept Appointment Rate
- Program Usage
We've designed dozens of detailed reports to help agency managers and directors track their financial operation. These built-in reports give you a whole new level of information and control of how your agency manages claims and payments.
Reduce your Accounts Receivable Faster
Customizable reporting provides all the information you need to stay on top of patient payments. These reports also help you project cash flow more accurately. At any time you can view:
- Claim Status
- Claim Activity
- Claims and Balances
- Aging by Patient, Clinician, or Insurer
- Collection Letters
- And more…
If ClinicTracker doesn't already store a report that has the information you need, create it with the Custom Report Builder or ask our support team to help.
Enhanced Business Intelligence
Other built-in reports break down claim activity and payments by patient, staff, location, payor, program, service, and more:
- Claim Detail by Insurer
- Payment Report
- Payment Application by Client or Clinician
- Payments by Transaction
- Payments by Claim
- Credit Balance Report
- And more...
An integrated system means that you can easily transition clinical appointments into billable claims. It also allows for information to flow between the clinical and financial aspects of your agency. For example, financial reports can include demographic or clinical information, while clinical staff can view a patient's open balance information. Relevant financial information is, therefore, accessible wherever it is needed.
ClinicTracker is world-class when it comes to collecting data during the course of a clinic's day. Our software is equally impressive in how it organizes, analyzes, and reports on that information. Its powerful and flexible reporting module can give you immediate answers to nearly any question you might have in mind.
Hundreds of Pre-stored Reports
Over the years we've designed a remarkable number of detailed reports for clinic directors and managers who want to track operations, respond to regulatory requirements, improve accountability, and boost clinic efficiency. Some of the pre-stored reports address routine questions:
- How many visits did each of our programs generate over the past six months?
- How many of our clients are prescribed Zoloft?
- Can I get a listing of the caseload for each clinician?
- What's our missed appointment rate due to the clinician canceling the appointment?
- How many Progress Notes do we have on file for the past quarter that are missing a signature?
- Do we have clients on our caseload we haven't seen for over 60 days?
- What percentage of patients in the ADHD clinic have, according to our ratings, improved, stayed the same, or fared worse this year?
- Which of our interns rotating off our service still owe Treatment Plans?
We've also been asked to create reports that drill down to the smallest details of a program's operations:
- Can you help me respond to a question from the County about how many of the foster children we treat are on two or more medications?
- How can I get a report that displays the number of urine screens we've completed for patients in our Chemical Dependence program who we've seen over the past six months and have certain service codes?
- Can we see Patient Contacts grouped first by family, then by client where Appointments display the session duration (rounded to the nearest 15 minute increment), Collaterals display the event duration (in a separate duration column), and non-kept appointments are calculated as a predetermined amount of time that is included with the Collateral hours? I then need to be able to filter by appointment status, program, date, and staff member.
The end result is that we have built hundreds of valuable reports, all of which are at your fingertips.
Create Your Own Reports (Or Ask Us)
On occasion you'll want a highly-specific report that's not in our library. No problem. You can create it with ClinicTracker's Report Builder. We designed it to give you complete control over the content and design of a report without having to rely on a programmer. Of course, if you need assistance, our support team is always available to help.
Numerous Export Options
Our reports are generated using the comprehensive features of Crystal Reports, an industry standard reporting tool. As such, not only can you easily display the information you need on screen, you can also export it to other formats, including PDF, Excel, CSV, RTF, and more. Keeping your reports in digital format eliminates the hassle and cost associated with printing and storing paper reports.
Improve Operational Efficiency and Planning
Instant access to information about your agency lets you make decisions and institute policies based on hard data. With such a bounty of reporting options, you can:
- Institute a high level of accountability across the breadth of your clinical operation
- Monitor compliance status in real time
- Improve operational efficiency by close tracking of key metrics
- Boost your profitability with accurate information
- Enhance decision making with easy access to the data you need
- Increase staff productivity by monitoring caseloads
Google Maps Integration
The ClinicTracker Scheduler is integrated with Google Maps for those agencies who have staff out in the field. Sophisticated real-time routing will calculate the best directions from home, multiple office locations, or the last appointment. Tracking of case miles and travel time leads to precise expense reports and oversight. We know from talking with clinic managers that this feature alone can save thousands of dollars in reimbursement costs.
Automated Appointment Reminders
ClinicTracker Connect offers a service that automatically reminds your patients about scheduled appointments by phone and/or text message. Fully integrated with the Scheduler, the system generates reminder messages without requiring any effort on the part of your staff. Patients can confirm, cancel, or reschedule their appointments by the single press of a phone button or through the ClinicTracker Patient Portal. This service makes viewing and responding to each reminder simple and efficient.
Increase Revenue and Efficiency
With Automated Appointment Reminders, your staff can increase office productivity by:
- Reducing the no-show rate
- Tracking canceled appointments in real-time
- Filling canceled or missed appointments more quickly
- Spending more time on important communications that can't be automated
- Ensuring patients do not forget to attend or reschedule their appointments
- Adding a personal touch by reaching out to your patients
Generating Reminder Messages
This messaging service reminds patients either by phone, SMS, or both based on parameters you pre-configure. For example, you can set how many days prior to an appointment you want the patient notified. You can also tell the system the time of day you want it to begin and end sending messages. Once one of your staff adds a new appointment to the Scheduler, the automated service generates a list of patients to contact. At the appropriate time, it communicates with the patient about the upcoming appointment. For the phone option, the system will leave a message if no one answers. You also have the option of placing calls or sending an SMS manually. Patients can opt to be placed on a Do-Not-Contact list, or you can create specific groups or event types that never generate a reminder.
Integration with the Patient Portal
One of the many benefits of ClinicTracker Connect is that all patient information is integrated throughout the system. We've taken the next step by incorporating Automated Appointment Reminders into our Patient Portal. Now patients can go online to confirm, cancel, or request a new appointment time. It's another way that we’re helping you improve patients' experience with your office.
Pricing and Setup
Implementing this feature only requires that your staff view a brief training video. And the service is inexpensive - just a small monthly charge based on the number of reminder messages that you place. In most instances, it can pay for itself by eliminating even one no-show. Your practice will become more efficient because it frees your office staff to spend more time on patient retention and acquisition.
ClinicTracker Connect eases the process of reviewing and countersigning documentation. If you need a supervisor's signature on a form you've completed, simply click a button that sends a link and optional message. The supervisor will see the notification in the messaging system, click the link to review the paperwork, sign off, and press another button to send you an acknowledgment notification.
No more passing around a paper file, leaving notes in a supervisor’s mailbox, or wondering what happened to a report you've written. All that hassle goes away with ClinicTracker's signature routing system. And so does worrying about whether all the forms that require signatures will pass regulatory scrutiny.