Before committing to a new EHR vendor, think about what you’re looking for. What do you want the system to do? How much direct control will you have? How difficult is it to make changes? What’s the vendor’s customer service like?
Factor in plenty of time to move data – patient demographics, clinical notes, practitioner information, and schedules. Will you input/transfer data in house, implement a digital data migration process, or use an external vendor? The learning curve may be steep, so think about who will receive training, how that will happen, and how long it will take.
Here are some questions to keep in mind when looking for an EHR vendor.
- Is the vendor focused on your specialty, or is it a general system that has a few specialty-specific templates?
- Are the vendor’s support agents experts in your area of specialty? How much do they “get” the world of mental health and substance abuse services?
- Is the package customizable? Does the vendor provide a scalable solution? Can the features accommodate your growing business? Will you have to start with a smaller EHR now and later move to a bigger one?
- What is the vendor’s approach and timeline for data migration and system implementation? Can you make changes on your own or will you have to pay the software vendor to customize for you?
- How does the vendor’s customer support operate? In what format do you communicate with the company? Do you have an account representative dedicated to your company?
- How responsive are the sales and account reps?
- What implementation resources does the vendor offer? Do you get adequate help to get started the right way?
- What kind of training does the vendor offer (webinars, manuals, technical documents, guided training, etc.)?
Look for EHR software that handles all your needs, including:
- Patient records
- Executive reporting
- Staff records/human resources
- Billing/claims processing
- Collections integration
- Appointment reminders
- Insurance eligibility verification
ClinicTracker is a complete future-proof solution, dedicated to the specific needs of behavioral health and substance abuse clinics. We know you face complex requirements that general medical EHRs may not be equipped to handle, such as paperwork compliance, supervision, and billing overrides. This is where we shine. CT was founded by an award-winning programmer and a respected clinician who understand this healthcare niche.
ClinicTracker is proud to provide comprehensive functionality and tools designed specifically for mental health and substance abuse. Our software lets you customize the system to fit your needs, and helps you manage your entire back office. We’re dedicated to your success from the very beginning; we provide an experienced implementation team, a support team, and a dedicated client success representative to oversee your entire relationship with us.
Our software is flexible, and so is our team. If you need help, call us or hit the support button the user portal to submit a ticket requesting help. We’ll respond quickly with the information you need. In addition to phone support, we offer live interactive training sessions and online tools, including videos, manuals, and step-by-step guides. We can do screen sharing to diagnose and resolve a problem. We offer frequent updates so you can comply quickly with new mandates.
The bottom line: ClinicTracker understands your business. We’re focused on behavioral health and substance abuse and understand the unique complexities of this specialty. We’re committing to customizing an EHR that simplifies your practice. And if a problem arises, we’ve got your back.
ClinicTracker is a robust, future-proof mental health and substance abuse EHR. Michael Gordon, a renowned clinical psychologist, and Joshua Gordon, an award-winning software engineer, founded it in 2000. ClinicTracker EHRs powerful software empowers your agency to succeed. ClinicTracker will automate many of your clinic routines, boost staff productivity, increase billing efficiency, and provide the tools you need to manage your clinic effectively. While mental health and substance abuse agencies are our main focus, our software is compatible with foster care agencies, social services, equine assisted therapy, university clinics, academic counseling, family counseling services, and eating disorder clinics.