Alycia Basile, one of our implementation specialists, has heard new clients breath a heavy sigh of relief once they realize how well ClinicTracker manages billing. They've told her about all the problems they've had trying to get other EHRs to process claims and receivables. Here are some of the deficiencies they have mentioned:
• No direct clearinghouse integration. Agencies need a way to work seemlessly with a clearinghouse. Without it, they have to spend extra time working within the EHR and their clearinghouse website in order to check payment information. ClinicTracker has direct integration with Trizetto (formerly Gateway EDI).
• No connection with multiple clearinghouses. Many EHRs have one clearinghouse they work with exclusively, which can limit an agency's ability to process their claims electronically with their preferred vendor. ClinicTracker can connect to the clearinghouse of your choice.
• No direct connection to payors. While many clients use a clearinghouse to submit claims, some have wanted to connect directly to insurance payers, thereby eliminating a significant expense. With ClinicTracker, you don't have to use a clearinghouse to get paid.
• No ability to print HCFA claim forms. Many mental health billing packages have never taken the time to make it possible to print HCFA claim forms. Because some insurance payors (especially EAPs) still require a printed claim form, billers are saddled with the extra time it takes to complete them manually. ClinicTracker lets you print a HCFA claim form.
• Inability to handle multiple claim formats. Many mental health billing packages support professional claims or institutional claims, but not both. ClinicTracker allows you to create claims in many formats, including: CMS-1500, UB0-04, 837 Professional, 837 Institutional, Insurer Statement, and Patient Statement.
• Software support staff who have no idea about the nuances of mental health billing. Most EHR companies are not appropriately staffed with seasoned professionals who understand mental health specific coding. They also don't know how to test with insurance payors or ways to configure the billing program to ensure compliance with the varying specifications imposed by insurance companies and state agencies. Even if the software happens to have the required features, they're not much good if no one knows how to use them. ClinicTracker has a highly knowledgeable support staff who will make sure you can submit claims and get paid.
Alycia and the rest of us at ClinicTracker are proud that we have a long track record helping customers optimize their financial operations. We've certainly never had a customer leave us because of billing problems of the sort we've listed above. To the contrary, we have an appreciative clientele who knows we're ready and able to assist in keeping that revenue flowing.